Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Classy Bowl Predictions: The Mrs. & Brooks


Posted by Magsh

The Section 117 Classy Bowl Predictions rage on with a mother-and-son combo platter on Christmas eve. The man of the house kicked off the predictions last week, and now his wife and the youngest of the gentlemen offer a look ahead to Friday's big game.

CLASSY BOWL PREDICTION: MRS. MAGSH
Much like my husband, I do not like Syracuse. But for a much different reason. I worked with a woman who graduated (allegedly) from said university, and felt the need to boast about her affiliation with the Orangemen at every opportunity, no matter how flimsy. Things like, “Oh, is that orange juice you’re drinking? That’s cool. Did you know I went to Syracuse?” Stuff like that gets old quick. I can only assume that everyone from Syracuse is just as annoying, and that annoying people can’t be good at football because they’re too busy being annoying to listen to coaching. Thus, the Gophers are the clear favorite as far as I’m concerned.

MINNESOTA 21, SYRACUSE 3

CLASSY BOWL PREDICTION: BROOKS MAGSH
Every week before I call my bookie out in Vegas, whom I met when I was there as an 18-week-old infant for the Gophers/UNLV tilt last year, I do thorough statistical analysis to be sure my gut is leading me in the right direction. When I checked out the tale of the tape in this one, I was surprised to see how close things were. Minnesota’s rushing offense has been slightly better, while its passing offense has been slightly worse. Syracuse’s rushing defense is a decent amount better, while their passing defense is a decent amount worse. So with no huge advantage for either team to exploit, I sense a close game where coaching will play a big role. Jerry Kill and company have shown plenty of guts to go along with smarts this season, and Doug Marrone isn’t walking through that door for the Orangemen. No offense to Scott Shaffer and his goofy headshot, but I give the edge to the Gophers.

MINNESOTA 24, SYRACUSE 21

Use the links below to navigate to any of the already-posted Classy Bowl Predictions, and check back leading up to the game for more predictions from your favorite maroon and gold top-hat-and-bow-tie gang. Merry Christmas eve, Gopher friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment