Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Classy Bowl Prediction: Magsh


Posted by Magsh

Each week (since the Nebraska game), the Section 117 Classy Gentlemen have offered their predictions of the outcome and score. For the Gophers' appearance in the Texas Bowl, each predictor will be afforded a little more space to discuss their pick. Also, the 117CG will pick the winners of each B1G and BCS  bowl game, which will be coming soon. Enjoy! Magsh is up first with his Texas Bowl prediction.
 
Magsh's Classy Prediction: Texas Bowl
Minnesota (8-4) vs. Syracuse (6-6)
Dec. 27, 2013 - 5 p.m. - Houston, Texas

The year was 1996 and I was preparing to move from Indiana to Wisconsin following the conclusion of my freshman year of high school. I was at the home of my friend, Nate “Big Daddy” Daniels, along with a couple other friends, taking in the NCAA men’s basketball title game between Syracuse and Kentucky. Early in the second half of Kentucky’s eventual 76-67 victory, Nate’s dog (not to be confused with “Nate Dogg”, may he rest in peace), began ferociously humping my leg. It was a small dog, but he got a hold of my leg with a vice grip and just went to town. It took me a few moments to shake the beast from my no-longer virgin right shin. I already disliked Kentucky after the Wildcats had been unable to vanquish Duke back in 1992 when Christian Laettner hit the turnaround shot at the buzzer, but hadn’t had any reason to dislike Syracuse up until that point. However, the leg-humping incident immediately left a sour impression, and from then on I’ve always found myself rooting against the Orangemen—my apologies to Syracuse apologist Matt Geimer. So for that reason, the Gophers will beat them at football.
 
MINNESOTA 31, SYRACUSE 21

No comments:

Post a Comment